We are looking for an Electronic R&D Project Leader for MTA USA. The person will support MTA USA and MTA Headquarter R&D functions during the development phases of our electronic components, dealing with our current or potential customers in order to propose technical solutions concerning hardware.
He/she will deal with the development of electronic components for the automotive industry, in continuous relationship with vendors and customers.
The requirements for this position are:
- At least 8 years of experience in electronic design for the automotive industry (passenger vehicles, heavy truck, agriculture, construction equipment);
- Knowledge of embedded systems, power electronics, microcontroller systems, HMI;
- Ability to perform in-vehicle functional testing both in-lab and at customers’ premises (hands-on skills);
- Requirement analysis capability;
- Troubleshoot technical and quality issues;
- Capability of managing small work groups and interfacing directly with customers;
- Capability to support/drive regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls with customers and the design team;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Capability of holding training courses at customer premises, ability to prepare product presentations;
- Interface with the design group and report back to management in Italy;
- Availability to frequent travels in the US and towards Italy approximately every 4 months;
- Fluent in English and in Italian.
Workplace: Elk Grove Village – Chicago (IL)
The person will report directly to the Plant Manager in MTA USA and, from a functional point of view, to the Electronic R&D Director of MTA Italy.