Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, she/he will be responsible for managing the 'categories' of Injection Molded Parts and Moulding Tools at global level as well as of the 'sourcing activities' for new components and tools.
The resource will deal with:
- strategic management of the 'qualified MTA suppliers' panel based on overall assessments (organization / reliability / financial / technical) and coordination of the Scouting processes of new suppliers able to support the MTA business globally;
- global management of the 'Sourcing’ process;
- definition of documents standard and process of supplier selection (Request for Information, Supplier Assessment etc.), RFQ (Request for quotation) and 'Business Assignment' (business assignment) for the assigned product/tool category;
- evaluation of the offers based on 'cost breakdown' and definition of cost models to provide price estimations and targets;
- collaborating in the definition of the global corporate strategy of 'make or buy' of mold components.
- skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers;
- strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines;
- ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly;
- problem solving; able to identify key issues and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve resolution;
- ability to work in a team environment.
Qualifications and experience levels:
- relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred;
- proven purchasing experience of mechanical/electromechanically components and/or tools, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment;
- ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements;
- contract management and supplier managing experience, preferably in Automotive environment;
- highly appreciate technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components.
Work location: Codogno (LO)