Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, the Electromechanical Global Category Manager (Strategic Sourcing Manager) manages the development and execution of global sourcing strategies and objectives for the assigned commodities and sourcing projects.
For the assigned Electromechanical commodity:
• develop and execute global sourcing strategies and process (cost reduction, supply assurance, risk mitigation, technical advantage, cost modelling);
• develop and execute global supply scouting (i.e. market intelligence, supplier assessment, cost modelling, etc.);
• develop the strategic management of the supplier panel to develop and maintain long-term partnerships and allow cost-out and product/supplier improvement and ensuring capacity requirements for the assigned commodities;
• identify opportunities for global leverage and for Best Cost Country (BCC) sourcing & localization;
• collaborate with D&D, technical managers, manufacturing to establish long term sourcing strategies;
• working with technical and engineering Identify, lead and communicate cost reduction opportunities in components/ material selection;
• cost model development, benchmarking, cost driver analysis to value the competitiveness and robustness of the offer and to formulate 'purchase price targets' to use in budgetary offers and to drive ‘make/buy’ assessment.
• ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers;
• strong negotiation and influencing skills;
• ability to work in a team environment;
• results-oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines;
• problem solving and ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly;
• analytical and numerical skills.
Qualifications and experience levels:
• preferred business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree;
• at least 6+ experience in strategic sourcing, negotiation and contract of electromechanical components and raw material (plastic, metal alloy Streep material) in complex/global business environment preferably in automotive industry;
• experience in manging cost modelling and targeting;
• ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements;
• contract management and supplier management experience in Automotive environment.
Work location: Codogno (LO)